Search My Images Archive:

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Zen Garden Images - Please click slideshow to view collection

Japanese rock gardens, karesansui or zen gardens were influenced by Zen Buddhism and can be found at Zen temples especially in the Kyoto area. Originally their creation and maintenance was a form of meditation itself. Japanese gardens are a living work of art in which the plants and trees are ever changing with the seasons. As they grow and mature, they are constantly sculpted to maintain and enhance the overall experience. In this way a Japanese garden is never the same and never really finished. japanese garden photography, japanese garden photographer.

3 comments:

  1. Hi John,

    I followed your link on the post from the Tiger Sheds blog, about the history of Japanese gardens.

    Your photos really are amazing! I remember visiting Ginkakuji after walking part of the Philosopher's Path, but unfortunately my camera died earlier in the day so I was unable to take any pictures.

    So thanks for refreshing my memory.


    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember visiting Ginkakuji after walking part of the Philosopher's Path velg power , but unfortunately my camera died earlier in the day so I was unable to take any pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a precious information and really a helpful post too. Thanks to share a useful information. There are some interesting aspects in your article and I learned lot of things, thank you.

    Onemanga

    ReplyDelete

John Lander on LinkedIn

Blog directory

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Japan Images's Fan Box